Being a Christian at Work
This course looks at empowering Christians in the Workplace.
God's love and promises are not exempt from the workplace, but rather He desires that as Christians we work efficiently and effectively in our jobs, this brings God glory. Our workplace is the mission field and we have the responsibilty of
representing Jesus to our colleagues.
This ten-unit course is run in two parts, each
over a period of five or six weeks. If you have not given
much thought to being a Christian at work, it is probably better to start
with Part A, but either Part stands alone and can be done first if you
PART A looks at the low emphasis the church often puts on work:
PART B includes material and discussions on:
- In God's eyes, what work is and what is the point of it
- Heightened awareness relating to work
- The fruits of the Spirit
- Values, human dignity and decision making
Each of the five Units in Part A and Part B lasts a week, during
which time you would expect to spend 2½ – 4 hours (on-line or off-line)
reading, sharing experience, pondering and responding. There is a
week's ‘half-term’ between Units 3 and 4.
- Revision of how God sees work
- Catholic Social Teaching / the publication The Common Good: contents and some excellent outcomes
- Ethics at work
- Introduction to thinking and acting Christianly
- The wide variety of ways of 'witnessing' at work
courses have been developed with the support of the Industrial Christian
These courses fit
within Framework for Growth section 6.